16 July 2008

the itch to ride


me and my shadow
Originally uploaded by Ben McLeod
Do I go for a ride, or look for a job?

Let's see, riding makes me feel alive and strong (except for the end of the ride, which leaves me weak and tired - but that's the point, isn't it?), gets me out breathing fresh air and seeing sites I haven't ever seen before (I love scoping out new rides).

Looking for a job makes me feel worthless and impotent. My dad would have told me to get out there and "beat the street" looking for a job, but that's not how it works anymore. Now, if one wants a job, they troll through Craigslist, Jobdango, and all of the individual companies' HR sites.

I've sent countless emails, worked what few connections I have, and I've barely gotten a nibble. I was interviewed for a position at a web design firm a few weeks ago, but haven't heard ANYTHING. Do I send them another email?

I applied for a job last week that I think would be perfect for me, but I haven't heard back from them (then again, the closing date isn't until a week from tomorrow, so I shouldn't expect anything until then).

OK... so back to my original question. Ride, or sit in front of my computer? I think I already answered myself... see you after the ride.

No comments: